Dental Bridges & Dental Crowns in Revere, MA
In many cases, our dental bridges and crowns in Revere, Massachusetts are the best, most effective way to save broken teeth, or replace missing teeth. To completely restore your smile after damage or decay, trust Cedarwood Dental Care’s long lasting dental restorations.
Crowns are essentially protective caps for existing teeth that have been damaged by decay or trauma. These can be made of a variety of materials, from metals like gold or silver, porcelain, as well as porcelain-fused-to-metal. If you have a badly decayed tooth that requires a root canal, or endodontic therapy, it will most likely require the placement of a custom crown.
The procedure is as follows:
- The affected tooth undergoes the procedure that is described here.
- A custom mold is created. If a dental lab is used, the patient will be fitted with a temporary crown. If Cerec technology is used, the impression is made using 3-d digital photographs and a special reflective spray. This information is then perfected by the dentist and fed into the Cerec milling machine to be used for fabrication of the crown.
- When the new dental work is ready, the crown will be temporarily placed and refined.
- Finally, the crown is bonded to the tooth using permanent dental cement.
A bridge is one of the most popular ways to replace missing teeth. There are several types of bridges:
- the fixed bridge (which uses adjacent teeth that are crowned as abutments that attach the crown)
- the Maryland bridge (a type of bridge that uses metal bands for attachment)
- the cantilever bridge (similar to the fixed bridge but used when the missing tooth only has an adjacent tooth on one side)
Bridges return function and esthetics, enabling you to speak more clearly and chew more efficiently. They also prevent the shifting of remaining teeth, which could result in malocclusion and uneven wear.